I am so excited. I ended month two down a total of 19 lbs from where I began. I was so proud of myself for sticking with things and losing weight throughout the holidays. I actually lost 11 lbs in 8 weeks and those 8 weeks were weeks where I would not have thought that I could lose weight. I am so excited about everything.
Now of course I will not say that it has been all peaches and cream but the reality is that Shake the Crave has been miracle during the toughest time of the year for me and instead of gaining weight like I normally do, I have found that I am losing and losing well. I am so excited to see where this goes and to see what type of success I am able to find in the coming months.
Here are a few thoughts on different areas of my life and an honest account of what I have been up to these past two months…
Well I still LOVE the Shake the Crave shakes. I love that I get the variety of chocolate and vanilla. I do choose chocolate most of the time, but I love to switch it up from time to time. I did want to share a few notes about the different types of milk that I have made my shakes with and share my overall thoughts!
Notes on Different Types of Milk (Ranked Least Favorite to Favorite)
- Organic Skim Milk — This was okay. To be honest aside from chocolate flavored instant breakfast and protein shakes I have never drank a lot of milk. So I might be an unfair judge of this one but the skim milk was honestly my least favorite and the one with the most calories so I do not foresee it being in my future.
- Vanilla Almond Milk — I do not usually buy “vanilla” almond milk and I now know why. My husband picked this up one time on accident so I figured that it would not be much different. However it was and I have discovered that I honestly just do not like the vanilla almond milk much.
- Sweetened Almond Milk — Another thing that I do not usually buy. However in my small town there are times when the grocery stores have ran out of the unsweetened kind so it is my only choice. While I would still buy it if the following were not available it is not something that I would go out and buy on purpose. Plus it is like double the calories as the unsweetened kind and it really does not taste any different.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk — This was my standard until last week. It was the one type of milk that I thought that I would always use for my shakes.
- Sweetened Cashew Milk — The label said that this was “creamier” than skim milk so I was drawn in (good advertising on their part). When I picked it up and saw that there were only 60 calories in a serving I was sold. I can be “bought” by products that are low in calories. I was shocked as to how delicious and creamy this is. While I am not one to like milk I always loved fresh cream in things (obviously not a good choice if you are battling weight issues so it is not something that I have had in a long time!). This is so creamy that you feel like you are drinking something bad for you when you are not.
- Unsweetened Cashew Milk — When I traveled back to the store the next time I found this and it is amazing!! Same great creaminess, half of the calories, and it blends great with the shakes.
Some Notes on the Plan
I will admit that I was not great about sticking to it although I know that it is only going to get easier. So I am starting to write out a menu and to make myself write down every single bite that I put in my mouth. I know that this is one of the best ways for me to remain accountable to myself and do what I need to in order to lose more weight.
The idea of the plan is that you drink your shake for two of your meals. You can have a few small snacks. (This is the FAIL point for me…I have big snacks and I like candy…so I fail all of the time but I am working on it.) Then you eat one healthy meal. While I stick to the two shakes a day…I have ate entirely too many snacks and have not been as good as I should have been with choosing my meals. These are all things that I am slowly striving to change.
I am SLOWLY trying to work my way to where I am following my goal meal plan. I know that taking a couple of months to get to the point that I make these choices all of the time, but I think that this is why I am finding success this time. I am taking the time to do things slowly instead of jumping in feet first.
My Goal Meal Plan
- Breakfast — Shake the Crave Shake with cashew milk and fruit
- Snack — greek yogurt, raw veggies
- Lunch — Shake the Crave Shake with cashew milk
- Snack — protein bar (low sugar/healthy) or nuts (something with protein to keep me from making poor choices later)
- Dinner — protein (likely fish, seafood, or chicken breast), vegetables
- Snack — greek yogurt
I think that this is a great way for me to combine the meal plan that is promoted by Shake the Crave with all of the things that I love.